Apply Indian Visa from Switzerland
Swiss citizens planning to visit India can conveniently apply for an Indian eVisa, which allows for a streamlined and efficient visa application process. The Indian eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that grants entry to Switzerland citizens for various purposes, such as tourism, business, medical treatment, or visiting friends and relatives.
Are Switzerland Citizens Eligible to Obtain the Indian eVisa?
Yes, citizens of Switzerland are eligible to obtain an Indian eVisa. The eVisa facility is available for travelers from over 160 countries, including Switzerland, under the government's eVisa program.
What is an Indian eVisa for Switzerland Citizens and What Does It Do?
The Indian eVisa is an electronically issued travel authorization that allows Swiss citizens to enter India for a specific period. It simplifies the India visa application process by eliminating the need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate in person. The eVisa is linked to the traveler's passport electronically, and it serves as proof of permission to enter India.
Key Features of the Indian eVisa for Visitors from Switzerland
The Indian eVisa offers several key features for Swiss citizens:
- Convenience: The eVisa application can be completed online from anywhere in the world, including Switzerland. There is no need to visit an Indian embassy or consulate.
- Multiple Entry: The eVisa allows for multiple entries into India within its validity period, making it suitable for travelers who plan to visit India multiple times.
- Flexible Duration of Stay: Depending on the type of eVisa.
- Permissible Activities: The eVisa permits various activities, including tourism, business meetings, attending conferences, medical treatments, and visiting friends and relatives.
- Electronic Delivery: The eVisa is electronically linked to the traveler's passport, eliminating the need for physical visa stamps or labels.
Types of eVisas Available for Swiss Citizens Visiting India
There are three types of eVisas available for Swiss citizens:
- eTourist Visa (eTV): This visa is suitable for tourism, sightseeing, visiting historical sites, and attending yoga programs or short-term courses in India.
- eBusiness Visa (eBV): This visa is intended for business-related activities, such as attending meetings, trade fairs, or conferences.
- eMedical Visa (eMV): This visa is for individuals seeking medical treatment in recognized hospitals or treatment centers in India.
- e-Visa for Conference: Allows participation in conferences or seminars in India organized by the Government, State Departments, and affiliated organizations.
- e-Visa for Medical Attendant: For individuals accompanying e-Medical visa holders. Two attendants can accompany the visa holder.
How Can I Apply for the Indian eVisa from Switzerland?
To apply for an Indian eVisa from Switzerland, follow these steps:
- Eligibility check: Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the Indian eVisa, such as having a valid passport and the purpose of travel (e.g., tourism, business, medical).
- Online application: Visit the Indian eVisa application portal. Fill out the application form with accurate and complete details.
- Required documents: Prepare the necessary documents, including a scanned copy of your passport's bio page, a recent passport-sized photograph, and any supporting documents required for your visa category.
- Payment: Pay the India eVisa fee using the available payment options on the website. The fee amount may vary depending on the visa type and duration of stay.
- Submission and processing: Submit your application online. The processing time for an eVisa can vary, but it typically takes a few working days. You can track the status of your application on the website.
- eVisa issuance: If your application is approved, you will receive your eVisa via email. Make sure to print a copy and carry it with you during your travel to India.
Remember to carefully review the application form and double-check all the information provided before submission. It's advisable to apply for the eVisa well in advance of your intended travel dates to account for any potential delays or processing times.
Documents required for the Indian eVisa for Switzerland Citizens Application
Before applying for an Indian eVisa, you must ensure that you have the following documents required for India visa ready:
- Passport: You need a valid passport issued by the Swiss government. The passport should have at least six months of validity remaining from the date of arrival in India.
- Passport-Style Photograph: You should have a recent passport-sized photograph in digital format. The photograph should meet the specified requirements regarding size, background color, and facial expression.
- Personal Details: You will need to provide personal information such as your full name, date of birth, nationality, occupation, and residential address in Switzerland.
- Travel Details: You must provide details about your intended travel to India, including your arrival and departure dates, port of entry, and purpose of visit.
- Supporting Documents: Depending on the purpose of your visit, you may be required to submit additional documents. For example, if you are visiting for business purposes, you may need to provide an invitation letter from an Indian company or a conference registration certificate.
- Payment Method: You will need a valid credit or debit card to pay the eVisa fee.
It is important to ensure that all the documents are accurate and meet the specified requirements to avoid any delays or rejections in the application process.
Indian eVisa processing times
The processing time for an Indian eVisa can vary depending:-
- Normal processing time: The typical processing time for an Indian eVisa is within 2 to 5 Business days.
- Urgent processing: There is an option for expedited processing of the Indian eVisa. The India visa urgent processing time is generally within 1 to 3 Business days.
Can Switzerland visitors obtain a visa on arrival when they reach India?
Swiss citizens traveling to India do not have the option of obtaining a visa on arrival. It is mandatory for Swiss visitors to apply for an Indian eVisa before their trip. The eVisa must be obtained prior to arriving in India, as no visa services are available upon arrival at Indian airports.
How Will I Receive my Indian eVisa from Switzerland?
Once your Indian eVisa application is processed and approved, you will receive the eVisavia email in PDF format. It is essential to provide a valid email address during the application process. You are required to print a copy of the eVisa and carry it with you during your travel to India. The eVisa will be electronically linked to your passport, but having a physical copy is advisable for convenience and to present it to immigration authorities if requested.
Can I apply for an Indian eVisa from Switzerland?
Yes, you can apply for an Indian eVisa from Switzerland. The Indian eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows foreign nationals to visit India for various purposes such as tourism, business, medical treatment, or attending conferences. Switzerland is among the eligible countries whose citizens can apply for an Indian eVisa.
What is the validity period of an Indian eVisa?
The validity period of an Indian eVisa depends on the type of visa you apply for.
Can I extend my Indian eVisa while in India?
No, it is not possible to extend an Indian eVisa once you are in India. The eVisa cannot be converted into any other type of visa or extended beyond its original validity. If you require a longer stay in India, you would need to exit the country before your eVisa expires and reapply for a new visa.
Are there any restrictions or conditions for the Indian eVisa?
Yes, there are certain restrictions and conditions associated with the Indian eVisa. Some important points to note are:
- The eVisa is non-convertible and non-extendable.
- The eVisa is valid for entry through designated airports and seaports in India.
- The eVisa is not valid for entry through land border checkpoints.
- You must carry a printed copy of your eVisa during your travel and present it to immigration authorities.
- The eVisa is for individual travelers only and not for group travel.
- The primary purpose of your visit should align with the purpose mentioned in your eVisa application.
- Certain protected or restricted areas in India may require special permits in addition to the eVisa.