Apply Indian Visa from Singapore
Attention Singaporean citizens planning to visit India! Applying for an Indian eVisa has never been easier. With the convenience of online application, you can now obtain your travel authorization without the hassle of visiting the embassy. Explore India's vibrant culture, historical landmarks, and breathtaking landscapes. Don't miss this opportunity to embark on an unforgettable journey. Start your Indian eVisa application today!
Do Singapore Citizens Need an Indian eVisa?
Yes, Singapore citizens need to obtain an Indian eVisa before traveling to India. The eVisa is mandatory and replaces the traditional visa sticker or stamp that used to be issued on the passport.
Do children need an Indian eVisa?
Yes, children, including infants, traveling with their parents to India from Singapore also require an individual eVisa. Each traveler, regardless of age, needs to have a separate eVisa.
How Can I Apply for an Indian eVisa as a Singapore Citizen?
To apply for an Indian eVisa as a Singapore citizen, you can follow these simple steps:
- Visit the eVisa website: Go to the website of the Indian eVisa application portal. Ensure that you access the official website to avoid any fraudulent platforms.
- Choose the right eVisa category: Select the appropriate eVisa category based on your purpose of travel. The options include e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, and e-Medical Visa.
- Fill in the application form: Fill in the online India visa application form with accurate and complete details. The form will require information such as your personal details, passport details, travel itinerary, and contact information.
- Upload supporting documents: Attach the required supporting documents, such as a scanned copy of your passport bio page and a recent passport-sized photograph. The specifications for the photograph may be mentioned on the application portal.
- Pay the eVisa fee: Make the payment for the India eVisa fee using the available online payment options. The fee amount may vary based on the type and duration of the eVisa you are applying for.
- Submit the application: Review all the provided information and submit your eVisa application. Double-check that all the details are accurate to avoid any delays or issues.
- Receive an Application ID: Once your application is successfully submitted, you will receive an Application ID. Make sure to note it down or take a printout for future reference.
Indian eVisa Application for Singapore Citizens
When applying for an Indian eVisa as a Singapore citizen, you will need to provide the following information in the application form:
- Personal details: Full name, date of birth, nationality, passport details, etc.
- Contact information: Current address, email address, and phone number.
- Travel details: Intended arrival date in India, port of arrival, duration of stay, etc.
- Supporting documents: Passport-sized photograph, scanned copy of the passport bio page, and any additional documents required based on the eVisa category.
Documents required by Singapore applying for an Indian eVisa
To complete the Indian eVisa application process, you will need to gather the following documents required for India visa:
- Passport: A valid Singapore passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of arrival in India.
- Photograph: A recent passport-sized photograph in color with a white background.
- Passport bio page: A scanned copy of the passport's bio page showing your personal details and photograph.
Additionally, depending on the eVisa category you choose, you may be required to submit additional documents such as a business card or invitation letter for a business eVisa, medical documents for a medical eVisa, or conference details for a conference eVisa.
How long does it take to process an Indian eVisa for Singapore?
The processing time for an Indian eVisa for Singaporean citizens can vary depending on the type of processing option you choose: Normal or Urgent. Here are the general processing times for each option:
- Normal processing: The normal processing time for an Indian eVisa is typically around 3 to 5 business days. This means that once you have submitted your eVisa application, it will take approximately 3 to 5 business days for it to be processed, approved, and the eVisa to be issued.
- Urgent processing: If you require your Indian eVisa more urgently, you can opt for the urgent processing option. The urgent processing time is usually expedited and takes around 1 to 3 business days. This means that your eVisa application will be processed and approved at a faster pace, and you will receive your India urgent eVisa within 1 to 3 business days.
How Do I Receive My Indian eVisa as a Singapore?
Once your Indian eVisa application is approved, you will receive the eVisa document via email. It is advisable to carry a printout of the eVisa while traveling to India. The eVisa will be electronically linked to your passport, so there is no physical visa sticker or stamp placed in your passport.
How do I make the payment for the Indian eVisa fee?
The Indian eVisa fee can be paid online using various payment options, including credit cards, debit cards, and net banking.
What documents do I need to carry while traveling to India with an eVisa?
When traveling to India with an eVisa, you should carry your printed eVisa, your valid passport, flight tickets, accommodation details, and sufficient funds to support your stay in India.
Can I apply for an Indian eVisa if I have dual citizenship?
If you hold dual citizenship, you can choose to apply for an Indian eVisa using either of your passports. However, it's important to ensure that the passport you use for the application is valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India.
What is the validity period of an Indian eVisa for Singapore citizens?
The validity period of an Indian eVisa varies depending on the type of visa you apply for. Generally,
- One Month e-Tourist Visa: Valid for one month (30 days) with double entries. This visa is non-extendable and non-convertible.
- One Year e-Tourist Visa: Valid for one year (365 days) from the date of grant of ETA, with multiple entries allowed.
- Five Years e-Tourist Visa: Valid for five years from the date of grant of ETA, with multiple entries allowed.
For both one year and five year e-Tourist Visas, the maximum stay in India during one calendar year should not exceed 180 days.
- e-Business Visa: Valid for one year (365 days) from the date of grant of ETA, with multiple entries allowed. The continuous stay during each visit shall not exceed 180 days. If the intention is to stay for more than 180 days, registration with FRRO/FRO concerned is required within two weeks after the expiry of 180 days.
- e-Conference Visa: Valid for thirty days (30 days) from the date of arrival into India, with a single entry allowed.
e-Medical Visa and e-Medical Attendant Visa: Both are valid for sixty days (60 days) from the date of arrival into India, with triple entries allowed.
Can Singapore citizens apply for an Indian eVisa?
Yes, Singapore citizens are eligible to apply for an Indian eVisa.
What are the types of Indian eVisas available for Singapore citizens?
Singapore citizens can apply for different types of Indian eVisas, including e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa, and e-Medical Visa, depending on the purpose of their visit.
Do I need to submit my physical passport for the Indian eVisa application?
No, you do not need to submit your physical passport for the Indian eVisa application. You will only need to provide scanned copies of your passport bio page and a recent passport-sized photograph.
How long in advance should I apply for an Indian eVisa?
It is recommended to apply for an Indian eVisa at least 4 to 7 days before your intended travel dates. This allows sufficient time for processing and any unforeseen delays.
Can I extend my Indian eVisa if I need to stay longer?
No, it is not possible to extend an Indian eVisa. If you need to stay in India for a longer period, you will need to exit the country and reapply for a new visa.
Can I enter India from any airport with an eVisa?
Yes, you can enter India from any of the designated airports or seaports that accept eVisas. A list of eligible airports and seaports will be provided on the official Indian eVisa website.